Tuesday, February 7, 2006

DOD#13: Pandora's Box


Listen Now

TAPED: Sunday, February 4
LENGTH: 61 minutes and 19 seconds
HOSTS: Momma Dale, Pinkie, Daphne, Velma, Candy, and Marsha
SYNOPSIS: The winner of the mystery drag box is awarded and the girls dish about recent gigs and birthings.
  • Terrorizing the town recap of Jenkins' birthdays and Omar's Drag Makeover.
  • Mystery Drag Box Photo Caption Contest Update: the winners are announced and read by Marsha herself.
  • Standing on A Soap Box with Velma: in her new segment, Velma talks about an evil Republican conspiracy to keep poor drag queens from voting in Georgia.
  • Listener mail: Tigger sends us terrific album art; Sin sends us more love; Andy Melton reminisces about trailer park tea parties; Pinkie gets some Prissy love; Shenita gives Pinkie some fisting advice; Rose is ready for her VIP drag sale and Gusty's ready for her drag makeover.
  • On the Line with Linda Hand: Our loose sister from Charlotte, North Crazyland has booked the Jenkins clan at Daks Tavern for November 18; her solo gig is at The Charlotte Eagle is on November 19.
  • Daphne's Red Chair debut is a "Crash"ing success.
  • Drag tips: You've got your first gig; what you need to know.
  • Momma's Favorite Things: makeup brush travel case.
  • Next time on Drag-O-Drama: Candy's going away party; drag shopping on the cheap.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by, thought I'd say I enjoyed this episode (like I'm ever going to NOT enjoy one!) Love ya'll. *kisses*

Oooh, by the way Daph, I will help you out if I can. (I got your comment).

Oooh, one last thing. If I ever escape this prison (Tennessee) we'll have a tea party in your all's trailer! Hell, I'll even throw on a wig & some heels.

Anonymous said...

In The Sack, With Ms.Pinkie Divine!

Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Cackle! Gurl, I love your idea for the name of Pinkie's show. Each episode could come with an online coupon for Quelle.

Smooches,
Daph

Anonymous said...

What is Kwell? (Googling now)

*gasps* OH DEAR!

Anonymous said...

Girls, you all need to head over to the Gizmo Project and download and install it, so whenever I get bored and lonely (like right now) I can call and leave you a message. And so can everyone else.

http://www.gizmoproject.com/

Anonymous said...

Your podcast had me laughing out loud. I'm so glad my half-sister is a Jenkins!! Besides being as fat as Pinkie she had a blast that night! Abrazos y Besitos, Omar

Anonymous said...

OH MY JESUS! I can't believe it, I talked to the one and only Ms.Pinkie Jenkins! Had my own little personal "Drag-O-Drama Experience"

Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Andy honey, so glad you and Pinkie had a little quality time. But no matter what she says, don't give her any personal information such as social security number or bank account.

Hey Omar, glad you enjoyed the podcast. We all hope you let AnnaBelle out of the attic again soon so she can come out and play.

Smooches,
Daph